- This event has passed.
2021 Biamp PDX Jazz Festival presents: “Behind the Boards” w/ Blue Lab Beats “Live in London”
Saturday, February 20, 2021 | 5:00 pm
Sat Feb 20 2021
5:00 PM PST (Watch Online 48 hrs)
Livestream in London
“Behind the Boards”TM with BLUE LAB BEATS live workshop from their London studio feat. the jazztronica duo’s producer NK-OK and multi instrumentalist Mr DM + in depth conversation on their process with Tony Nwachukwu (CDR / Attica Blues)
Go deeper behind the scenes with London rising stars Blue Lab Beats and how they create their unique beats and sound.
London Jazztronica duo Blue Lab Beats have been taking jazz into the stratosphere with a futuristic melting pot fuelled by hip-hop, Afrobeats and electronica. They represent a generation inspired by not only the forebearers of jazz but also the pioneers of hip-hop’s golden age where musicality was a primary principle.
The joyous, celebratory nature of their music has inspired a wave of radio support from a range of influential fans who have joined their journey including Gilles Peterson at BBC 6 Music and Worldwide FM, Jamz Supernova and Moses Boyd at 1Xtra; Jamie Cullum at Radio 2; and a playlist at NME Radio.
- They have just signed to iconic label Blue Note Records and are now recording their 3rd album.
- Blue Lab Beats were asked to feature in a new APPLE ad alongside Stormzy, Skepta, Mark Ronson, Paul McCartney and more.
- Their top 5 tracks on Spotify have almost 10 million streams between them.
- Their guest musicians and collaborators include Theo Croker, Nubya Garcia, Moses Boyd, Ashley Henry, Kaidi Akinnibi, Sampa the Great, and Kojey Radical
- Blue Lab Beats’ reputation also exploded beyond their own scene as they were invited to remix tracks from pop heavyweights Dua Lipa and Rag ‘N’ Bone Man.
- Live shows have included Glastonbury, Afropunk, WOMAD, Blue Note Jazz Festival, We Out Here Festival, Copenhagen Jazz Festival, their headline shows at Oval Space and supports for Kiefer, Thundercat, Roy Ayers and Mulatu Astatke.
Tony Nwachukwu’s CDR (CREATE DEFINE RELEASE) is a community-driven organization voicing new music, knowledge and progress with generations of music producers, artists and kindred.
It is home for the nurturing and development of like minds. Based in London, England projects, initiatives and partnerships have spanned the globe across settings and experiences.