PDX Jazz Careers
Thank you for your interest in joining PDX Jazz. The we are seeking applicants for the following opportunities.
PDX Jazz is seeking a Marketing Manager. Our 501 (c)(3) non-profit is the largest organization presenting jazz performances and associated education programming in the Pacific Northwest. We produce an internationally recognized two-week, multi-venue citywide jazz festival each February that includes headline music performances, films, artist conversations, lectures, masterclasses, exhibitions, and jam sessions; flanked by year-round seasonal concerts. Our education programs provide learning opportunities to under-served students. These initiatives extend across the entire student body, emphasizing an interdisciplinary appreciation of jazz from a historical, sociological, and cultural perspective.
General Position Summary
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, the Marketing Manager oversees marketing, publicity, and promotion activities in support of strategic business goals and objectives. S/he generates and implements strategies and tactics to drive event ticket sales, PDX Jazz brand awareness, and growth of PDX Jazz audiences.
- Collaborate with the PDX Jazz Artistic Director in management of event marketing activities.
- Develop and manage event marketing plans for the festival and seasonal shows.
- Manage marketing budgets and expenditures: optimize cost savings.
- Compile and manage artist assets (bios, press releases, photos, video, music, social media), and secure permissions to utilize artist assets.
- Compile and manage photos/video captured at PDX Jazz events.
- Maintain media contacts database (radio, television, print, web) and PDX Jazz email/direct mail patron database.
- Manage the creation, production, delivery, and distribution of marketing assets including advertising creative, website/email/social media creative, event programs, brochures, direct mail, rack cards, posters, event signage, radio/TV spots and promotional items. Ensure consistent branding and messaging across all mediums.
- Manage PDX Jazz digital properties (website, e-newsletter, social media, music/video platforms and services) including content generation, user experience, and audience engagement.
- Manage advertising (digital, print, radio, TV, outdoor) including negotiation of paid/trade media buys, scheduling, trafficking of creative, and proof of performance.
- Manage publicity including public announcements, press releases, photo requests, editorial requests (event previews and reviews), coordination of internal staff and artist interviews, and media credentials.
- Develop and implement creative promotions/promotional contests with media and third parties that drive event ticket sales.
- Manage quantitative and qualitative analysis and reporting (ROI/KPI measurement) of marketing and ticket sales activities. Identify trends and opportunities for improved performance and audience growth.
- Manage relationships with media, graphic designer, website consultant, marketing contractor, social media buyer, vendors, photographers, volunteers, and industry associates (agents, managers, publicists, record labels).
- Manage marketing related sponsorship deliverables.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing event marketing.
- Strong interpersonal skills, time-management, priority management, financial management, project management, critical decision-making, and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Google Analytics, WordPress, Constant Contact/Mailchimp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Spotify, Soundcloud, Mixcloud, YouTube, and Vimeo.
- Ability to work independently (initiative) and as part of a team (collaboration).
- Ability to work irregular hours (weekends/evenings).
- A cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae are required.
- Applications may be submitted via email to: email@example.com.
- Full-Time Exempt position. Competitive salary. Benefits include Health-Dental-Vision insurance paid by employer and paid vacation time off.
- Remote office position, candidate must reside in greater Portland, Oregon.
PDX Jazz is an equal opportunity employer. Every employee, contractor, and volunteer of PDX Jazz is expected to behave, communicate, and present themselves in a positive, professional, and respectful manner toward patrons, vendors, partners, and fellow team members.